• IEEE member since 2006.
• Member of EURASIP.
• Member of the French GDR ISIS (CNRS group in Image and Signal Processing).
• Member of the Special Area Team (SAT) in Theoretical and Methodological Trends in Signal Processing (TMTSP) - EURASIP (2015-present).
• Reviewer for (15/year): IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Elsevier Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems.
• Reviewer for conferences (25/year): IEEE-ICASSP, IEEE-IGARSS, IEEE-CAMSAP, EUSIPCO, GRETSI.
• Technical Program Committee member for the European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO) since 2015.
• Program Committee Member of the IEEE-Radar 2004 (Oct. 2004, Toulouse), IEEE-Radar 2009 (Oct. 2009, Bordeaux) and IEEE-Radar 2019 (Toulon, Oct. 2019) conferences.
• Program Committee Member of CIP conference 2010, Second IAPR International Workshop on Cognitive Information Processing, June 2010, Elba, Italy.
• Program Committee Member of CIP conference CIP 2012, Third IAPR International Workshop on Cognitive Information Processing, May 2012, Parador de Baiona, Spain.
• Steering Committee member (2014-2016) of the Institute for Control and Decision, iCode, IRS (Strategic Research Initiative) at Paris-Saclay University.
• Organisation with M. Lesturgie, L. Thirion, F. Pascal and R. Guinvar’ch of the SONDRA Workshops (June 2010, June 2013, May 2016, 80 people) on Electromagnetic, New Radar Concepts and Advances in Signal Processing.
• Treasurer of the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (GRSS) French Chapter (March 2016 - March
2019) (President Mauro Dalla Mura, GIPSA Lab, Secretary Silvia Valero, CESBIO). Best IEEE GRSS Chapter Award (with the Shanghai Chapter, 2017) and Best Chapter Award of the IEEE French Section (2017):
• Organisation of Advanced Signal Processing and Applications workshop, French/Singaporean Signal Processing meeting in DSO, Singapore, April 27, 2015.
• Member of the board of UFR SITEC, University of Nanterre, from 2013 to 2017.
• Member of the ONERA Physic Branch Scientific Committee since 2003: expertise of PhD students works, expertise of ONERA PhD proposals, organisation of scientific events for the four Physic Branch Departments (DOTA, DEMR, DESP, DMPH).
• President of the Scientific Committee of the DEMR Department in 2003 and 2006: expertise of PhD students works, expertise of PhD proposals, organisation of scientific events, courses and new projects.
• Responsible of Signal Processing activities in SONDRA laboratory since 2008: elaborating and promoting new research, new projects, new PhD topics. Strong collaboration with Singapore (DSO, National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technology University).
• Responsible in 2014/2015 of ARF (Federative Research Axis) entitled PIMENTS (in french: Plateforme Interdisciplinaire de Méthodes et d’Environnement Numériques de Traitement de Signal) which leads to federate and to promote Signal Processing activities and collaborations inside ONERA (11 departments involved).
• Expertise of ONERA projects (Research Projects, PRF, ARF, etc.)
OTHER SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES
PHD THESIS COMMITTEE
• Abdourrahmane Mahamane Atto, Wavelet Analysis of Random Field Processes with Applications to Image Basis and Time Series Images, December 4, 2015, HDR from Savoie Mont-Blanc University – LISTIC. Examiner.
• Stéphanie Bidon, Diversity and Non-Linear Processing for Modern Receivers, November 27, 2015, HDR from Toulouse University. Reviewer.
• Razvan Tamas, Characterisation and Synthesis of Ultra-Wideband Antennas, October 17, 2014, HDR from Grenoble University. Examiner.
Former PHD Students
• Ammar Mian, Exploitation of SAR and Hyperspectral Time Series, September 26, 2019, Paris Saclay University. Thesis Director.
• Uy Hour Tan, Implementation of Waveform Design Methods for Ground MIMO Radars, June 13, 2019, Paris-Saclay University. Thesis Director.
• Eugénie Terreaux, Random Matrix Theory for Hyperspectral Imaging, November 23, 2018, Paris-Saclay University. Thesis Director.
• Ahmad W. Bitar, Exploitation of Sparsity for Hyperspectral Target Detection, June 6, 2018, Paris-Saclay University. Thesis Director.
• Joana Frontera-Pons, Robust Target Detection in Hyperspectral Images, December 10, 2014, Paris-Saclay University. Thesis Director.
• Pierre Formont, Polarimetric Classification of Highly Textured SAR Images, December 10, 2013, Rennes 1 University. Thesis Supervisor.
• Mélanie Mahot, Robust Estimation of Covariance Matrix in Signal Processing, December 6, 2012, École Nor- male de Cachan, Cachan. Thesis Co-Director.
• Guilhem Pailloux, Noise Structured Covariance Estimation in Adaptive Detection, June 10, 2010, Nanterre University. Thesis Supervisor.
• Mickaël Duquenoy, Time-Frequency Analysis for Polarimetric Synthetic Aperture Radar Imaging, October 20, 2009, Rennes 1 University. Thesis Supervisor.
• Frédéric Pascal, Detection and Estimation in Non-Gaussian Environment, November 14, 2006, Nanterre University. Thesis Supervisor.
• Mohamed Tria, Time-Frequency Analysis Applied to Polarimetric SAR Imaging, November 18, 2005, Orsay University. Thesis Supervisor.
• Emmanuelle Jay, Detection in Non-Gaussian Environment, June 14, 2002, Cergy-Pontoise University. Thesis Supervisor.
Other PHD Students
• Ludivine Nus, Méthodes rapides de traitement d’images hyperspectrales. Application à la caractérisation en temps réel du matériau bois, December 12, 2019, Lorraine University. Reviewer and President
• Rayen Ben Abdallah, Statistical signal processing exploiting low-rank priors with applications to detection in heterogeneous environment, November 4, 2019, Nanterre University. President
• Yacine Zniyed, Breaking the curse of dimensionality based on tensor train: models and algorithms, October 15, 2019, Paris-Saclay University, Examiner.
• Simone Urbano, Detection and Diagnostic of Freeplay Induced Limit Cycle Oscillation in the Flight Control System of a Civil Aircraft, April 18, 2019, Toulouse University. President
• Linda Aouchiche-Hadded, New Doppler Processing for the Detection of Small and Slowly-Moving Targets in Highly Ambiguous Radar Context, March 14, 2018, Rennes 1 University. Examiner.
• Fabio Manzoni, Fusion of AIS and radar data for maritime surveillance, November 30, 2017, Toulouse University. Reviewer.
• Marie Lassère, Unambiguous Target Estimation Using Bayesian Sparse Representation of a Wideband Radar Signal, November 20, 2017, Toulouse University. Reviewer.
• Ramona Pelich, Ship Detection and Characterization from SAR Imagery Linked with Cooperative Vessel Tracking Data, December 8, 2015, Brest University. Reviewer.
• Timothée Rouffet, Contribution to High Resolution Radar Processing: Extended Target Detection and Waveform Optimization, December 7, 2015, Bordeaux University. Examiner.
• Alexis Decurninge, Univariate and Multivariate Quantiles, Probabilistic and Statistical Approaches: Radar Applications, January 26, 2015, Paris 6 University. Reviewer.
• Aurélien Schutz, Multivariate Modelling of Texture Space: Image Classification Application, December 2014, Bordeaux University. Examiner.
• Thomas Boulay, Algorithm Development for NCTR Function - Parallel Computing Application on GPU Cards, October 22, 2013, Orsay University, Examiner.
• Vincent Corretja, Joint Time Frequency and Shape Analysis for ISAR Processing, January 30, 2013, Bordeaux University. Reviewer.
• Jean-Philippe Goy, Obstacles and Collision Target Detection by FMCW Airborne Radar, December 18, 2012, Toulouse University. Reviewer.
• François Deudon, Wideband Radar Processing: Design of a Non-Ambiguous Mode Taking Advantage of the Range Migration, December 8, 2011, ISAE, Toulouse, Reviewer.
• Dinh Thang Vu, Statistical Tool for the Array Geometry Optimization in the Context of the Sources Localization, October 19, 2011, Orsay University. Examiner.
• Espinoza Molina, Advanced Methods for High Resolution SAR Information: Data and User-Driven Eval- uation Approaches for Image Information Mining, May 16, 2011, Telecom Paris Tech. Reviewer.
• Fabien Millioz, Two Approaches of Time-Frequency Segmentation: Detection Through Statistical Model and Contour Extraction Through Reassignment Vector Field, September 16, 2009, Grenoble University. Examiner.
• Qi Cheng, Contribution in State Estimation of Nonlinear Models, July 9, 2009, Orsay University. Examiner.